Ice cubes are having a moment. Take one scroll through @discocubes Instagram account, and you’ll see what we mean.
No longer are they just a tool to keep our drinks cool while gradually diluting them (their one downfall), they can be just as important as the beverage you’re plopping them into.
With summer in full swing, we love the ritual of pouring ourselves something delicious and refreshing at the end of the day, but don’t always love the side effects that come with a glass of wine, or traditional cocktail. Enter the CBD Mocktail – our go-to summer libation.
To spice up our normal CBD mocktail routine, we decided to put the CBD right into the ice cubes themselves. So as they melt, all that CBD goodness is slowly being released into your drink.
We utilized summer’s most refreshing fruit, watermelon, for this recipe, alongside some fresh lime juice and mint. Salivating yet?
Watermelon Mocktail with CBD-infused Ice Cubes
Yields about 4 servings
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 2-3 fresh limes
- A few sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Seltzer water (optional)
- Rosebud CBD
- Ice cube mold
To make the cubes:
- Slice about ⅓ of your watermelon into cubes.
- Add watermelon cubes, and some Rosebud CBD into a blender. The dose is totally up to you. Since this recipe yields about 4 servings, we added two full droppers of the 350 mg bottle for about 12 mg of CBD per serving. Blend the cubes and CBD until liquid-y.
- Pour watermelon and CBD mixture into your ice cube tray, topping cubes with fresh mint leaves (optional). Freeze until solid.
To make the mocktail:
- Cut the remaining section of watermelon into cubes and add to a blender or food processor – you may have to do this part in batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Blend until liquid-y, and pour the mixture through a mesh colander or through a cheesecloth to separate the watermelon pulp from the juice. Repeat this until all of the watermelon is blended.
- Squeeze 2-3 fresh limes into your juice, depending on how tart you like your mocktail.
- Add frozen watermelon and CBD cubes to a glass, and top with your watermelon juice, and a splash of seltzer (optional) to cut the sweetness.