Sober sipping is having a moment, and we’re here for it.
We may not have control over our current circumstances, but we certainly have control over how we feel (physically, at least). Hangovers are out, guilt-free indulgence is IN.
We’ve got everything you need to start experimenting with some CBD mocktail mixology.
We’ve pulled together 4 recipes that you might just love, or at the very least, will enjoy making at home with friends, family, roommates, or whoever you’ve chosen to hunker down in place with.
Each of these mocktails has a personality of their own—they’re a little sweet, a little punchy, and not to be underestimated.
We all know that a bar is defined by the music they play—so we’ve gone ahead and assigned an anthem to each mocktail recipe from RB’s May Playlist to help you set the vibe at home.
Get behind that makeshift bar, turn some music up, and get ready to mix it up (literally).
Mint To Be
You’ll need a shaker for this one!
If you don’t have a shaker available to you—this is quarantine after all, and we’re getting accustomed to making do with what’s around the house—a spill-proof, coffee traveler mug will work just fine.
- 8 fresh blackberries plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup honey
- a handful fresh mint leaves about 10, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1.0 ML of Rosebud 350mg CBD oil
- In a cocktail shaker, (or makeshift shaker) muddle together the blackberries, honey, and mint until they seem well blended.
- Add 1.0 ML of 350 mg CBD oil, ½ cup of lemon juice, and ½ cup of water, cover again, and shake to mix.
- Strain the mixture into 2 glasses with ice (one for you, and one for her!)
- Top each glass with 1 cup of seltzer.
- Garnish with blackberries and mint leaves.
- Clink glasses (IRL or through the screen) 💘
*If this drink were a jam, it would be Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac 👀
Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (if squeezing fresh, will require about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (if squeezing fresh, will require about 6 limes)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (can add more to taste)
- Chilled seltzer
- Lime wedges (to serve)
- 1.0 ML of Rosebud 700mg CBD oil
- Mix the orange juice, cranberry juice, lemon juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and 1.0 ML of CBD to a pitcher. Add additional simple syrup to taste.
- Add ice and stir to chill, or refrigerate until cold. Top up the pitcher with seltzer to taste. Serve over ice with lime wedges.
*If this drink were a jam, it would be Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks 👊🏻👊🏼👊🏽👊🏾👊🏿
Bitter with the Sweet
- 2 ruby red grapefruits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1.0 ML of Rosebud 700mg CBD oil
- 2 cups of seltzer water
- Using a sharp paring knife, remove ½ of the outer grapefruit peel.
- Add the peeled strips and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan, and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, reducing heat to maintain a steady simmer until the mixture thickens, which should take about 10 minutes.
- Drain into a small metal bowl, reserving the zest, and let cool.
- Set aside 4 parsley leaves for garnish, and add the rest of the leaves to the bottom of your cocktail shaker (or traveler mug 😉) and muddle them. If necessary, gently crush the leaves with the end of a spoon.
- Stir in the grapefruit syrup from before, and add 1.0 ML of 700 mg CBD.
- Cut the grapefruits in half and juice 3 of the halves into the mixture. Cut 4 slices to use as garnish from the final half and then juice the rest of it into the mixture.
- Fill your glasses with ice, and divide the grapefruit-parsley mixture between them.
- Top with seltzer, give it a nice stir, and garnish each glass with a grapefruit slice and a mini-sprig of parsley.
*If this drink were a jam, it would be A Natural Woman by Carole King 👂🙃
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 tablespoons of melted Rosebud x Calivolve Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- 1 tablespoon of whipped cream
- Stir together the milk, cream, and mint extract until combined.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a glass.
- Slowly pour the mint milk/cream mixture over the melted dark chocolate.
- Slowly pour the coffee over the milk + chocolate mixture.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream.
*If this sweet, sweet drink were a jam, it would be I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan ✨
We hope you enjoy making these mocktails as much as you enjoy sharing them with your quarantine gang, whether that’s virtually or IRL.
Kat Frey is a Brooklyn based writer, who originally hails from The Wing. Kat has historically worked with women-lead brands, and her writing spans from culture and cannabis, to overall health and wellness. When she’s not busy writing for Rosebud CBD, she spends her time thumbing through The Cut, Man Repeller, and T Magazine, or listening to Las Culturistas. Her favorite form of self care is adding our 350mg tincture to homemade face and hair masks!