We recently attended Birthfit Summit in Austin, a weekend dedicated to empowering mothers, and supporting them through the full process of preparing for, and giving birth – from conception to a year postpartum.
At the conference we served some antioxidant-packed CBD smoothies that were such a hit, we had to share the recipe.
This recipe is great for anyone – not just mothers-to-be – looking for a simple way to load up on nutrients, stay full and satiated for hours, and to sneak a little CBD into their daily routine.
- ½ cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (we like almond!)
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, or a natural nut butter of your choice
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder
- .25 ML Rosebud CBD 1000 mg (~17 mg serving of CBD)
- (optional) a few ice cubes
Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Swirl in some additional peanut butter before serving if you’d like, and top with a few frozen blueberries for garnish.
We’re all about customizing your smoothie to make it work for you – here are some ideas on variations you can add.
- Get your greens by adding in a handful of frozen spinach before blending.
- If you like it tart, squeeze some fresh lemon or lime juice into the mix before blending.
- Add in some superfoods like a tablespoon of chia seeds, or reishi mushroom powder.
- Make it thick and creamy by adding in some chunks of frozen avocado.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of CBD to your likings. Here’s a helpful guide on dosing.